With the fall housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is taking a look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Brookland.
Brookland is one of the most active housing markets in DC. With 258 home sales, the Northeast DC neighborhood has the fourth-highest number of closed sales in the city this year. Overall, the market in Brookland is fairly balanced this year, however, it still has just a two-month supply of homes for sale. The trajectory of home prices varies pretty significantly depending on property type; the average price for a condo is up 13 percent year-over-year while the average price for a detached house is down 9 percent. Below are some statistics about the Brookland market.
- $582,450 — The median price for a home in Brookland, up to six percent year-over-year.
- $427,620 — The average price for a condo in Brookland, up 13 percent year-over-year.
- $882,496 — The average price for a detached home in Brookland, down 9 percent year-over-year.
- 258 — The number of closed sales in the neighborhood.
- 2.20 — The supply of homes on the market in September.
Check out more of our Featured Listings.
Reported on October 23, 2019 | by UrbanTurf