At The Menkiti Group, we are dedicated to the mission of transforming lives, careers and communities through real estate. If you are someone who is driven to excel and who wants to make a difference in the world, we invite you to explore a career opportunity with us. We are seeking a highly motivated Special Assistant to work with the CEO and Founder of the Company. This role serves as an extension of the CEO, and the purpose of the job is to make him a stronger and more effective leader by creating capacity for him to focus on his top priorities across the family of companies, investors and personal commitments. This position fulfills a critical role within the organization and is closely involved in the daily priorities of the company as a whole and of the CEO. The role of the Special Assistant is to enhance the CEO’s effectiveness in the organization through time management, information management support and consistent processes. This position offers a turbo charged opportunity for long-term career growth within the company.
The top candidate will be highly motivated, exceedingly well-organized, and successful at building and maintaining trust with the CEO and other members of the Executive Team. The ideal candidate will be process-oriented and possess the focus to maintain structure in a fast-paced environment, the flexibility to integrate seamlessly into diverse communication flows, and the capacity to effectively prioritize with little supervision. A keen eye for detail, a commitment to quality and consistency, composure under pressure, and a positive outlook are paramount. The candidate will be able to handle confidential information and complex situations with grace and the highest level of business acumen. The candidate will be asked to make sensitive and critical judgment calls, and will serve as a sounding board to the CEO in important situations. For the right individual, this unique role will serve as an unparalleled opportunity to learn firsthand what it takes to lead and manage a high-growth business in the Social Enterprise and Real Estate sectors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Special Assistant to the CEO has a central role within the Office of the CEO and carries responsibilities that include:
- Managing the CEO’s workflow and priorities by managing his intense schedule and anticipating upcoming needs and requirements
- Monitor the CEO’s inbox and voicemails and flagging important messages, ensuring no major communications are missed and providing follow up as a proxy on the CEO’s behalf.
- Run the Executive Team’s morning huddle and touch base daily with the CEO to align on priorities and schedule.
- Prepare for and follow up on internal and external meetings. When needed, participating directly in external meetings and following up with the relevant parties.
- Support the CEO and members of the Executive Leadership Team in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities, and driving the appropriate prioritization of key initiatives.
- Oversee the CEO’s travel and event logistics & management.
- Support CEO with the personal and family matters, such as meal planning at work and helping him to maintain a well-balanced family/personal/work life.
- Organize and manage the CEO’s contacts, with particular care to the Top 100.
- Stay abreast of the various board commitments, speaking arrangements and strategic relationships the CEO is committed to.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience working with C-Suite management team with highly demanding schedules.
- Must be an exceptional communicator, both in spoken and written communication.
- Must be an especially astute listener and picks up subtle cues that others may miss.
- Diplomatic, firm, gentle, and even pushy when you need to be to accomplish the goal.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially with composing memos, letters and Power Point Presentations.
- Extremely organized, self-disciplined and professional in demeanor.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Advanced study in Business or corresponding work experience.
- Working knowledge of real estate acquisitions, sales, and/or development is a plus.
Top candidates will be highly motivated, passionate about the growth of the company and the success of the CEO and have the capacity to keep up with his intense schedule and energy. One must have a ready-to-roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and work hard for significant results. The ideal candidate will be committed to follow up and follow through, and be able to maintain structure in a fast-paced environment, the flexibility to integrate seamlessly into diverse communication flows, and the capacity to effectively prioritize. A commitment to quality, composure under pressure, and a positive outlook are paramount.
ABOUT THE MENKITI GROUP
The Menkiti Group is a rapidly growing integrated real estate services firm dedicated to enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property. Founded in the District of Columbia in 2004 with a mission to transform lives and communities through real estate, the Menkiti Group has invested over $150 million in capital in DC’s emerging neighborhoods, developed over 600,000 square feet of residential and commercial property, and brokered the sale of over $900 million in residential real estate. The Menkiti Group also operates Keller Williams Capital Properties, the fasted growing residential brokerage in the region with over 750 Associates and $1.5 billion in 2014 sales.