The Menkiti Group is seeking a talented Senior Development Associate to assist the Real Estate Development Manager in managing the day-to-day activities of our Single Family Homes (SFH) Division. Reporting to the Development Manager, the senior associate will work with the Development Services Business Unit to execute a comprehensive strategy to acquire, renovate and sell single family and multifamily dwellings.
The Senior Associate Real Estate Development Manager will be a valuable member of our team with a specific focus on project management, financial analysis, design and implementation.
Menkiti’s Development Team is assembling highly skilled talent, and the Senior Development Associate Manager should be self-driven, highly-motivated with the ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
As a double-bottom line company, the right individual for this role will identify with the Menkiti Group’s mission of enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management and sale of residential and commercial real estate and will be motivated to build a larger regional network of companies that is both profitable and delivers a positive social impact.
- BA/BS or Master’s Degree in Real Estate, Project Management, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in the production of single family home and multifamily development (Senior leadership role preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience in project management, purchasing and design
- Self-driven, intellectually curious, highly motivated, communicative, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate all issues and risks effecting the projects to the Real Estate Development Manager
- Ability to communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders accurately and on time
- Work efficiently in a large team of professional consultants to ensure effective project delivery
- Create site development and store construction budgets and monitor for variance
- Programmatic support of Development Manager and Development Services Team
- Assist in the management of the due diligence process in order to ensure that all development risks are identified and addressed
- Assist in the management of the approval and permitting phase of the development process and ensure approvals are in line with firm requirements
- Maintain positive relationships with municipalities and local government agencies
- Assist with the detailed design phase of the projects, ensuring strict observance of specifications and attention to cost management
- Assist in the management of the bidding, negotiations and construction contract process
- Monitor general contractor and vendor performance during the construction phase
- Ensure that the projected expenditure is under constant review and any anticipated change orders are highlighted and controlled
ABOUT THE MENKITI GROUP
The Menkiti Group is a rapidly growing integrated real estate services firm dedicated to enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property. Founded in the District of Columbia in 2004 with a mission to transform lives and communities through real estate, the Menkiti Group has invested over $120 million in DC’s emerging neighborhoods, developed over 500,000 square feet of residential and commercial property, and has brokered the sale of over $550 million in residential real estate. The Menkiti Group also operates Keller Williams Capital Properties, a regional brokerage with more than $1.46 billion in 2014 sales.
The Menkiti Group has been recognized by Inc. Magazine and the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City/Fortune Magazine as being among the fastest growing privately held companies in the nation.