The Menkiti Group is seeking a talented Lead Design Associate to manage and execute all residential and commercial architectural design activities for the Menkiti Group Development Team. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Lead Design Associate will work with other members of the Development Services Business Unit to execute a comprehensive strategy to deliver high quality single family homes, multifamily, mixed-use and neighborhood commercial properties to the marketplace.
The Menkiti Group Development Team is assembling highly skilled talent and the Lead Design Associate should be self-driven, highly motivated with the ability to multi-task, and accustomed to working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Lead Design Associate will be a valuable member of the Development Team and will be responsible for developing and implementing design standards which will further establish the Menkiti Group brand in the National Capital Region.
As the primary standard bearer on issues related to design, the Lead Design Associate will identify with the Menkiti Group’s mission of enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management and sale of residential and commercial real estate. As a thought leader for a double-bottom line company, the Lead Design Associate will be committed to executing projects that are both profitable and deliver a positive social impact.
- Execute planning, programming and design for Menkiti Group Development projects
- Coordinate design requirements with internal and external clients and team members
- Establish architectural design standards and select all materials, finishes, and fixtures for residential or commercial development projects
- Prepare construction documents for residential and commercial development projects, including field surveys of existing structures
- Prepare and file building permit applications with local jurisdictions
- Assist in the bidding, negotiation and construction contract process
- Monitor general contractor and vendor performance to ensure strict observance to design specifications during the construction phase
- Develop systems and processes relating to architectural design
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with local government agencies
- Provide programmatic support to the VP of Development as required to help the company meet its goals
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Architectural Registration desired
- 3+ years of construction document production experience
- Civil/Structural/MEP Engineering systems coordination experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of building codes (IBC/IEBC, NFPA, ADAAG, DCMR Title 12)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit Architecture, AutoCAD, SketchUp
- Strong graphic design and presentation skills; Adobe InDesign expertise desired
- Superior organizational, project management, and resource planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Self-driven, intellectually curious, highly motivated, and a decisive problem-solver
- Ability to manage professional consultants to ensure effective project delivery
- Ability to effectively communicate project issues and risks to the VP of Development
ABOUT THE MENKITI GROUP
The Menkiti Group is a rapidly growing integrated real estate services firm dedicated to enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property. Founded in the District of Columbia in 2004 with a mission to transform lives and communities through real estate, the Menkiti Group has invested over $120 million in DC’s emerging neighborhoods, developed over 500,000 square feet of residential and commercial property, and has brokered the sale of over $550 million in residential real estate. Representative development projects range from single family home rehabilitations to main street commercial storefront revitalizations to large-scale, mixed-use, transit-oriented developments. The Menkiti Group also operates Keller Williams Capital Properties, a regional brokerage with more than $1.46 billion in 2014 sales.
The Menkiti Group has been recognized by Inc. Magazine and the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City/Fortune Magazine as being among the fastest growing privately held companies in the nation. Learn more about us at www.menkitigroup.com.