The CPMG Foundation was founded in 2014 by the leadership of The Menkiti Group and Keller Williams Capital Properties with the intent to respond to the diverse social needs in urban communities and to make a meaningful and lasting impact on the communities we touch on a daily basis.
The CPMG Foundation has a mission to enhance the quality of life for people living in urban communities. We do so by investing in 501©3 organizations making an impact in our priority areas of Education, Housing, Youth, and Entrepreneurship. We also provide basic need assistance to employees of The Menkiti Group and Keller Williams Capital Properties.
LIFT AS YOU CLIMB SCHOLARSHIP
We are excited to announce the launch, in partnership with The CPMG Foundation (our charitable, giving arm of Keller Williams Capital Properties & The Menkiti Group), our Lift As You Climb Scholarship!
This scholarship was inspired by Dr. Marilyn Price Lovett. A fierce educator and advocate for women leaders. As she excelled as an educational leader she consistently sought out other women educators to develop and advance in the field. Through the Lift As You Climb Scholarship, our focus is to continue this powerful legacy and empower women who are interested in starting a career in real estate through free real estate school and career launch with the licensing fees reimbursed for the first 12-months of their career.
Since 1978, women have comprised the majority of REALTORS®, representing 65 percent of the membership in 2021. When the National Association of REALTORS® started in 1908, the membership was entirely male. Women began joining shortly thereafter, but remained a minority in the organization for the first few decades. The Women’s Council of REALTORS® was founded in 1938 as the Women’s Division of NAR. Female membership in the association has grown steadily over the years. NAR has since seen a total of seven female Presidents.
We know the power that our industry has, to create a transformational life experience with no ceiling on all that can be achieved. Therefore, if we can get more women into the industry at all levels, then we know we have the power to change the world.
Our application process is now open and you can begin by nominating a deserving woman today. *The inaugural class will be limited to those pursuing licensing in DC, Maryland or Virginia.
The Lift As You Climb Scholarship is open to women and covers real estate pre-licensing and the first 12-months of licensing, association and brokerage fees up to $2,000 for women interested in advancing their careers in real estate.
In order to receive scholarship funds, applicants must be nominated (self nominations are acceptable).
To submit nominations & complete the application, please click the link below.
- Must be at least 18-years of age.
- Must be willing to enroll in the Keller School of Real Estate (KSCORE) for pre-licensing in Virginia)
- Must complete the pre and post-application questionnaire.
- Must reside in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia.
Please Note: Pre-licensing through KSCORE remains a requirement for the scholarship. Currently, we do not have KSCORE available in DC or MD and are actively working to get it approved. However, through reciprocity with VA licensing, you can acquire your MD or DC license.
PARTNER WITH US
Everything you need to know about partnering with the CPMG Foundation is included below. Please send any additional questions
TYPES OF GIVING
Our giving falls into two categories: Sponsorships and Program Grants.
Sponsorships are typically for one-time events held by non-profit organizations to fundraise or bring greater awareness to their body of work. We award program grants to help implement and/or operate a specific program aligned with a non-profit organization’s mission.
Program grants are applied over a one year cycle, but we will consider multi-year requests on a case by case basis. Our giving is conducted under the leadership and direction of our Board of Directors and funding decisions are made on a monthly basis.
- An organization requesting support must have 501(c)3 status.
- Support is provided for sponsorships and specific program needs, rather than for general funding.
- Support is provided for organizations located in the National Capital Region only.
- Support is not provided to religious organizations for sectarian purposes, nor to political associations.
- Support is not provided to individuals.
- We require that all proposals be submitted through the online application form below. This will ensure your proposal reaches the appropriate person for review and timely response. We no longer accept requests via email, fax, mail or phone.
- All decisions made by the Board are final.
- Funding requests may be denied, even if all criteria are met.
- Please allow at least 45 days for request consideration.
Please complete all areas of the application below. All questions and items must be completed entirely to be considered for funding.