Have you considered a career in real estate? Are you obsessed with HGTV? Do you love looking at houses on the weekends and often find yourself guessing the price with a fair amount of accuracy?
The opportunity and the challenge is that reality doesn’t actually track well with reality TV.
While loving homes and people is a really important quality to a great real estate agent, it isn’t necessarily the river of success in the business.
Here are the top 5 qualities we have noticed the most successful people in real estate possess:
- Tremendous personal discipline. Real estate agents are independent contractors and don’t have the traditional employee/employer constructs, so when that goes away, something else must motivate the individual to get up and do the harder things on the difficult days.
- Hefty work ethic. Successful real estate agents need to sell 2-3 houses per month to make a good living. That, particularly at the beginning, requires MORE than a 40-hour-a-week commitment.
- Seek first to understand. Great real estate agents tend to be great listeners, authentically curious about how they can help people.
- Learning-based. The best of the best spent large chunks of time learning the business, improving their skills, and learning more about themselves along the way.
- Commitment to accountability. Commitment is the willingness to do something long after the feeling that caused you to make the commitment has passed, and accountability is being vulnerable enough to allow someone else to hold you accountable to your goals.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you. We have several open positions in sales, administration, marketing and leadership and are looking for talented people to take on robust, life-changing opportunities.