We focus on rapidly changing neighborhoods that show strong growth trajectories and are suitable for private and public capital investment. The firm owns a large and growing base of assets including office, retail, residential, mixed-use and industrial properties throughout the DMV, and seeks a highly capable and motivated candidate to join the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
A successful candidate in this role will have a diverse and broad background in commercial real estate. While direct experience in each discipline is not required, knowledge of real estate operations holistically is strongly desired.
Summary of Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provide management and direction for a large and growing portfolio of assets
– Direct and communicate to a wide group of various outside vendors including partners, accountants, lawyers, tenants, contractors, property managers, brokers and community stakeholders.
– Lead the relationship with our third-party property management firm to maximize revenue, collections & reduce operating expenses
– Manage tenant relationships as needed.
– Formulate strategies to maximize value and performance of assets; communicate and monitor strategies as developed and implemented
– Monitor and report portfolio risks
– Oversee disposition process of existing assets
– Evaluate and report on property performance relative to forecasts, asset strategies, and investment targets
– Perform some development tasks, including working with local regulatory bodies
– Work with accounting and finance team to drive operational excellence, minimize errors and improve the reporting standards.
– Work with Commercial Leasing team to fill vacancies with qualified tenants. Oversee the lease negotiations, signing, and turnover of all portfolio vacancies.
– Monitor & manage property level operational and capital expenditure issues
– Monitor & manage contractors performing tenant improvement work
Financial Management & Investment
– Assist, as needed, with the underwriting, due diligence, capital markets and closing processes of acquisition and development opportunities
– Coordinate and prepare materials for submission to Investment Committee and investors
– Institute quality budgeting standards throughout the portfolio
- BS or MS degree in Finance or Engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in related real estate roles.
- Ability to take the desired outcome and drive the completion independently
- Strong understanding of real estate finance, deal structures, leasing, lease documents, and property operations
- Ability to direct and monitor the activities of others
- Strong initiative to improve operations of the portfolio
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Must have strong MS Excel skills.
- Must have experience and proficiency in multiple real estate disciplines, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control
Send a cover letter and current resume with specific project experience via email to email@example.com.