With the fall housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is taking a look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Shaw.
Shaw is a neighborhood where the for-sale housing stock breaks down fairly evenly between condos and townhomes, which is represented in 2019 sales where 41 percent of transactions were condo sales. Median home prices were up a bit overall in the neighborhood, with three-bedroom townhome prices popping the most. Overall, Shaw has a more balanced market than other inventory-starved DC neighborhoods, which means that buyers have a little more choice and leverage. Below are some statistics about the Shaw market.
- $799,555 — The median home sales price in Shaw in 2019, up 3.5% from last year.
- $1.351 million — The average home price for a townhome with three bedrooms, up 13.5% from last year.
- 54% — The percentage of homes that sold within ten days of being listed in 2019.
- 2.5 months — The supply of homes on the market in March.
- 32 — The number of condos sold in the neighborhood this year, 41% of total sales.
Check out more of our Featured Listings.
Reported on September 25th, 2019 | by UrbanTurf